Monday, March 26, 2007

Your ad's so confusing, it makes Bush's policies look lucid.


I've seen this ad for Manhattan Mini Storage on the A train a few times now. This particular ride, I stared at it for a good 125 blocks trying to figure out what the fucking hell it means. No luck. That's "Cheney," with an "I Love Haliburton" button on his lapel. Yesterday, I consulted a whip-smart, gay VP of digital content (who never was in the closet, as far as I know). His interpretation: "If they're saying your apartment's narrow closet represents your beliefs or mind, then even Cheney's beliefs are more liberal than you/your closet..."
I...don't know. I keep coming up with the visual of Dick ass-fucking a submissive Karl Rove in a secret gimp bunker below the White House. (image put into my head, kinda, by the sick, brilliant Rude Pundit.)
previously in WTF? or Politics:
1. Unfortunately, these are not your Grandfather's underpants.
2. The Rolling Grass Thing.
3. SHTICKBALL.
4. Anti-Bush. Pro Cock.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very "New York" ad. That sh*t wouldn't fly in the rest of the country.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd fuck Dick Cheney. Nothing fancy. Just deep, hard and rough.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should it be "Is you closet....?" or at least have a question mark?

And if your closet's narrowness is equivalent to Chaney's liberalism, doesn't that mean that you don't even have a closet.....

Wait, maybe that's what they're saying!

Copyranter, you misjudged them - this ad is genius!

Unfotunately most people who don't have a closet, won't get it.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This queer SVP copy guy gets it. It has nothing to do with being "in the closet." It has everything to do with small NYC apartments. Love all the ads in this series...including the one with Paris Hilton's dog. Hysterical.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“I'd fuck Dick Cheney. Nothing fancy. Just deep, hard and rough. ”

anon, I figured you'd at least go with “I‘d fuck the lesbian right out of his daughter.””

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all know that liberals are open minded, noble and expansive and conservatives are evil, nasty, tight assed meanies. We all know that, right? R-i-i-i-g-h-t.

4:01 PM  
Blogger SchizoFishNChimps said...

Who is this chap? That fellow is packing some serious wattle. "Chinny" indeed.
Evenin' all. I'll get me coat.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Middle Name: Stanley said...

If the audience has to consult a whip-smart, gay VP of digital content to figure out what it means, then the ad is a fuckin' failure. Aren't The Gay VPs of Digital Content a band?

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flippin' hell, good I wanst the only one who didnt get this ad.

PS: Hey anon and your Cheny sexcapades, we all know Cheney can shoot one off in your face!

1:07 PM  
Blogger shedwa said...

I hate those Manhattan Mini Storage ads. I cringe every time I see them on the subways.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, these ads do suck. The person who wrote them is trying to be very clever but doesn't seem to have a solid grasp of the English Language. There's probably a better way to write this bad idea so that it makes more sense, but why bother?

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought this ad was a bit funny and exceedingly obvious. Amusing that people see "closet" and can't think of anything but "gay", though, especially in a storage company's ad.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Dan Gr said...

Maybe it's ellipsis: "Your closet's so narrow(-minded), it makes Cheney look liberal."

11:11 AM  
Blogger Editor said...

Their ads are so weak they make the Dems look strong against terrorists...

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home