Thursday, March 06, 2008

Meet one of the new stock market X-Men: SkyTrader, Equity Angel.

(click ad for a closer look at the mutant)
"I have hundreds of deals in the air, simultaneously. If I want to know the word on the Street, whoosh—I'm out the window. Tokyo market in an uproar? Whoosh—I'm there in, uh, five days...too late. Still. I am SkyTrader, Equity Angel. Winged broker. Market magpie. And I am Supernatural™" (Good luck with that whole trademarking the word "Supernatural" Liquidnet. See two more X-Men/Women traders with their own unique mutant powers at the Liquidnet Website.). previously in stock broker ads: Gorilla Trades endorsed by a Monkee; Trade King's "WhiskeySweet40" and "SilverFox11"; and Scottraders use abacuses.
(scanned from the March Bloomberg Markets)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

…and with my power of rolling up my sleeve just so, I command you:

lookatmywatchlookatmywatchlookatmywatch…

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He reminds me of Lex Luthor from Smallville. . . Except with wings! Oh wait, is that a feminine hygenie product commercial??? I'm so confused.

I'm sure he thought at the time it was a great idea. Maybe if the implementation was a little better it would have worked. Right now, the ad looks cheesy and the website looks hokey.

11:52 AM  
Blogger spencer said...

"pol pot pie" was one of the names I used to use for trolling the old fuckedcompany.com message boards. "Uncle Fister" was my other favorite.

Good times, good times . . .

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the wings meant he was dead.

But, seriously, has Liquidnet not heard that businesses went global, oh, say, 50 years ago?

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Traders are angels, right? Please, someone tell me I finally got one right?

1:36 PM  
Blogger gr said...

@Make the logo bigger: only when they're also venture capitalists who want to taxis to actually leave skid marks when running them over.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They trademarked Supernatural. How cool.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home