the most expensive commercial ever produced.
This 2004 Moulin Rouge-riffing Chanel spot cost $20 million to make, according to a post earlier this week by Germany's Meedia. Of course 19 mil of that was probably Kidman's fee. The second costliest spot on the list was this celeb-filled UK one (Willis, Ringo, Culkin) for Aviva—$13.2 million. The Chanel script is shit, though the cinematography is nice. The celebs in the Aviva spot take away from the creativity, in my opinion. See the whole list here. Previous celebs in ads:
•Kevin Spacey says "hurty."
• Gwyneth Paltrow is African.
• Robert De Niro welcomes you to NYC.
• Al Pacino endorses his first product ever.
• Jude Law & 11 drunk horny Russian women.
• Jackie Chan embarrasses the fuck out of himself.
• George Clooney dies and visits God John Malkovich.
• T-Mobile paid Catherine Zeta Jones about $4 million per word
• MC Hammer makes one of the worst celeb ad appearances ever.
• Quentin Tarantino looks fucking pissed in Russian Dewar's ads.