Tuesday, February 22, 2011

These Durex condom ads confuse the f*ck out of me.


(click ads, via) Ads titled "Anal" and "Oral" for Durex featherlite ultima condoms. Tagline: "Zero degrees of separation." OK, so (left) I'm ramming feathers into my lover's ass. But, what's going on with that "Oral" ad? Is that her chin? Is she sucking me off with a mouthful of feathers? I've heard of using Altoids and ice cubes. What the fuck, Singapore? Ad agency: 3-sixty Brand Communications. Here's nine previous Durex ads. And here's more What The Fuck, Singapore? ads.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ads are dramatizing the benefit of Featherlite - the thinnest condom from Durex, where the physical feeling is almost identical to not wearing a condom at all. What that means is that the skin is almost touching the skin even with the condom on (because it's so thin).

This is being dramatized by the visualization of the two bodies in contact and the feather there not interrupting this skin to skin contact.... hence the feather is metaphorically representing the condom and the fact that you barely feel it's there.

9:30 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Yes OF COURSE I get the stupid feather metaphor. I just don't get these layouts.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Gabriella Gray said...

Indeed! Righteous tear.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous -1-T-M- said...

"Zero degrees of separation."

The blissful, satisfying, state of the union, between Kevin Bacon and his wife Kyra Sedgwick.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Terious Joat said...

i would like to see the condom

11:47 PM  
Anonymous JAO said...

yea, i saw these on AOTW, I didn't get why they titled one of them "anal". I think its a new way to visualize the benefit....at least its not balloon animals.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forrest Gump having sex.

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first glance I thought the feather was a trail of leaking semen, precisely what condoms are designed to avoid. I agree the layout is very strange.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home