via) Collies ≠ Cauliflower = buy Ethyl gasoline. That's it. That is the apparent logic used in this puppy from a 1951 Life magazine. Maybe it's an ill-aimed swipe at corn alcohol gas? Or, more likely, maybe the ad creatives were huffing some of their client's supremely evil product? Those illustrations, yikes.
Previous insane vintage ads:
• Insane 1919 French laxative ad.
• suffocate babies with Cellophane®!
• the child-porniest chocolate milk ad ever.
• Man murders son-in-law over Arrow shirts.
•Buy Old Golds or we'll hang this Dachshund.
• and six bizarre Tokyo subway safety posters.